Waterfront Land Account Manager, Expedition Outside (Contract): PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SW Colorado. IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THIS AREA, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
Expedition Outside focuses on helping landowners generate money by listing their properties for exclusive riverfront fly fishing access the western United States. Our property owners work with Expedition Outside and Anglers through the Expedition Outside marketplace, which is unlike any other in the world.
About Expedition Outside
Expedition Outside’s mission is to give anglers an opportunity to access world class bodies of water for fly fishing anywhere in the Western United States. The Expedition Outside team is growing rapidly and is looking for the best and brightest individuals to join our team, and drive the quality of our operations at scale. The program features high-quality properties known for great rivers and scenic views. All properties are vetted in person to ensure a high level of comfort, quality, and fisheries.
About the Role
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for communicating with landowners about the potential values of their properties for fly fishing access. Help advise on how they can maximize their property potential, introduce and encourage owners to participate in services offered by the Expedition Outside team. You will help these landowners understand everything they need to know about our services and what it takes to join them. Then you will guide them through the journey and enroll their listings into the services. You will also work with Revenue Analyst to help hosts achieve their revenue goals. Expedition Outside is a new, and constantly-changing product, so you must be comfortable working and learning in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
Please note: this is a contract role with the potential to extend based on performance and business needs. All applicants must be available to work 30+ hours a week during hours best suited to get access to rural landowners plus regular business hours. This role is based in SW Colorado near Expedition Outside’s HQ in Durango, CO.
- Clearly communicate with landowners via face to face, mail, phone and email about Expedition Outside’s offerings, help landowners with earnings related questions, and guide landowners to alter their operations to succeed on the Expedition Outside platform.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Introduce and encourage landowners to join exciting new services. Make recommendations based on analyzing quality and performance data.
- Independently canvass and door knock properties of interest which are prime for daily fly fishing opportunities.
- Manage information from a variety of input and feedback channels; take action on highest-priority issues and opportunities impacting landowner earnings.
- Be the champion of landowner success. Provide landowner feedback to product and operations teams to better support Expedition Outside properties.
- Identify opportunities for scalable solutions that automate repetitive processes or workflows.
- Jump onto special projects as needed (no task is too small).
- Some experience in account management, customer service, or sales for premium high-quality products, services, or experiences.
- Knowledge of fishing; preferably fly fishing
- Strong written and verbal communication to provide landowners with high-quality support.
- Exceptional ability to clearly and convincingly communicate the value of products and services to a wide range of landowners.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new technology quickly (fluency in Salesforce and WordPress is preferred)
- Ability to allocate time effectively between prospecting and account management functions in order to hit goals.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Drivers License and own transportation
- Passion for fly fishing, travel and the sharing economy.
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Customer Service
Send resumés to [email protected] or call (202) 577-4498